Thursday, July 28, 2011

Daily Manga

I had actually been avoiding this one for years because when I read it in middle school, I wasn't very into it. But I figured I had to give it another chance & started rereading it a few months back. That was one of the best choices I've ever made, lol. It's ana amazing story. Long, very entertaining, & extremely well written/illustrated. It's comical yet serious with great art. The name fits it perfectly. So, if you've yet to read this one; I definately recommend it. It's probably in my top 10.

「風光る」
Kaze Hikaru

Mangaka: 渡辺多恵子 (Watanabe Taeko)
Genre: Action, Gender Bender, Historical, Romance, Shoujo
Summary: "In the year 1863, a time fraught with violent social upheaval, samurai of all walks of life flock to Kyoto in the hope of joining the Mibu-Roshi--a band of warriors united around their undying loyalty to the Shogunate system. In time, this group would become one of the greatest (and most famous) movements in Japanese history... the Shinsengumi!

In 2003 Kaze Hikaru won the Shogakukan Manga Award for shoujo." - Baka-Updates

No comments:

Post a Comment